Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics seeking volunteers to serve on the 2018-2019 Board
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics (VPG) is a not-for-profit gymnastics club that has a rich history of provincial, national and international competitive success and recreational excellence. The Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers whose mandate is to:
- Ensure that the correct policies are in place to help staff strive towards the club’s mission of becoming the best provider of gymnastics programs in Canada;
- Encourage diversity of perspectives and opinions which it views as a valuable part of effective decision making;
- Represent the interest of all people served by VPG
The Board of Directors is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the 2018-2019 Board. Candidates must have an interest in leading and governing rather than being involved in the day to day operations of the VPG. Meetings are held 4-6 times a year to discuss issues dealing with the governance of VPG.
- Attend regular Board meetings and actively participate in discussions
- Participate on a committee or sub-committee of the Board
- Prepare for Board meetings by reading materials and asking questions as relevant
- Establish policy as required
- Act as an ambassador for VPG to the members and the broader community
We are particularly interested in candidates with any of the following expertise:
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Organizational Development
Board of Directors serve two year terms with possibility of re-election for subsequent one or two year terms.
If you would like to be considered as a candidate for the Board of Directors please send an email with your resume and tell us why you want to join to: email@example.com. by Wednesday, August 15, 2018.