Did you know Vancouver Phoenix has been at our Millennium location for 13 years? So it’s high time for a facelift!
For 2017-2018 season, we rolled out our fundraising campaign for our CLUB INFRASTRUCTURE FUND. Through this campaign, we would like to upgrade both our facilities with new gymnastics equipment, premise and technological improvements.
For 2018-2019 season, we continue to build funds and contribute to our CLUB INFRASTRUCTURE FUND.
GOAL: To build our infrastructure fund of $100,000 for items such as:
1. Lights: Our lighting system was not efficient and difficult to replace, leaving the back of our gym in darkness.
○ Half of the lights were replaced and upgraded to an LED system in 2018 but we have half of the gym left to
complete in 2019
2. Roof: Is starting to leak on our equipment
○ Work is being completed on our balcony area to control leaks, and we will need to conduct some repairs
on the main roof in the near future
3. Security: Upgrade lobby doors and security cameras.
○ Security cameras were installed in 2018, in addition to an upgraded connection through Shaw
○ Doors are still outstanding to be replaced
4. Equipment: With 2,000 bodies moving through weekly we have an endless equipment wish-list!
○ $27,000 of our fundraising funds were put toward equipment costs last year to keep our space highly
5. HVAC System: We want to remedy the gym smell as best we can!
○ We are currently working on obtaining quotes for additional exhaust fans and filters
6. More Space: We are constantly at capacity for our evening classes and city demographics are changing
○ We aim to start saving for facility expansion to meet the increasing demand for gymnastics programming
throughout the city
WAYS TO SUPPORT:
I. National Sport and Trust Fund (NSTF) Donation
Enjoy Pocky for snacks! Perfect for token gifts to your friends, family, teachers and classmates during special holidays like Christmas, Valentines and Easter!
Click for more details.
III. Holiday Essentials Fundraiser - Frozen food items
Back by popular demand, we will be launching our frozen food sale in November for all members. Be sure to order some staples to have on hand for the busy Holiday Season and reach out to friends & family for additional orders!
Click for more details!
Help support Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics and grab some easy holiday gifting items!
For more information about our donation campaigns please contact Missy Preston at 604-737-7693 ext 124.